Johnson & Johnson
WiSTEM2D AWARDS Programmes
Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Student Awards
This is open to female students of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing and Design Subjects entering their 2nd year of studies 2019/2020 within the University of Limerick.
The award aims to provide financial support of student studies.
J&J WiSTEM2D Award is for amazing young women to support their studies in the fields of STEM. This is an assisted 1 year program providing financial support, opportunities to network within peer group and J&J business leaders, and early career development opportunities including mentoring and day in the life.
What do you have to do?
You will be asked to keep in contact with a J&J mentor during the academic year, attend WiSTEM2D events, attend site visits.
Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications is 15 October 2019.
Student applications will be shortlisted and successful shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Final selection will be confirmed. You may not apply for both the J&J WiSTEM2D Student Awards and the Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Team Project Grants
For further information about the program contact email@example.com
Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Team Project Grants
All 2nd and 3rd year female students studying Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing and Design Subjects at the University of Limerick are asked to contribute to a project that aims to empower women in STEM. Each person who is selected to participate, attends all scheduled events and produces a team output will receive a monetary reward.
The purpose of the projects is:
- to assist female students investigating issues that hinder female students participating in STEM at undergraduate level and pursuing STEM as a career;
- to provide opportunities for female students to interact with their peers;
- to facilitate female students reporting the findings of their study to raise awareness. You need to attend all events and produce a team output to receive the grant.
- When? (Provisional Dates)
- What do you have to do?
- TBC November 2019 (6-8pm): Awareness: Introduction, mentoring, expectations, dates, what is ahead
- TBC November 2019 (6-8pm): Team Project Students: Project titles, explore topics, mentoring, examples, help
- TBC Site Visit: November 2019/January/April 2020
- TBC January 2020 (6-8pm): Speakers night – industry and academia – hear their stories
- TBC February 2020 (6-8pm): Team Project Students: Project feedback, discussion, poster and video skills
- TBC February 2020 (6-8pm): CV Prep, Interview and Presentation Skills, LinkedIn
- TBC March 2020: Project Showcase and presentation
- Please send completed applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may not apply for both the J&J WiSTEM2D Student Awards and the Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Team Project Grants